Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Monsoon respects the privacy of our Users and the privacy of their data. All user information contained within the electronic communications, database, documents, forms, newsletters, and surveys you may use or compose with the Monsoon Site or Technology are governed by the Monsoon Marketplace Master Services Agreement. Although Monsoon owns the data storage, databases and the Monsoon Site and Technology, you retain all rights to your data. All user data uploaded to an Account of the Monsoon Service is stored in a personalized and secure location. We will not utilize, sell, or rent your data uploaded into our system and only the registered users of the account holder may gain access to the uploaded data.
If you wish to subscribe to our online community forum(s), we will use your name and email address to enroll you in the community. You may choose to stop receiving our notifications from the Monsoon community by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the notifications or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Collected for or through the Monsoon Site
We collect the e-mail addresses and certain personal information of those who communicate with us via e-mail, chat or register with us to open an account. We also collect certain information regarding which pages users access or visit, and information volunteered by the users (such as any surveys Monsoon might conduct and/or site registrations). Users of the Monsoon service may be asked to provide their company’s postal address and time zone to better personalize their Account. When you submit information, you are transferring such information into the United States and you hereby consent to such transfer.
We may receive information about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data, and combine this data with information we already have about you. This helps us to update, expand and analyze our records, identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you. If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
Monsoon may also collect and analyze from visitors and users certain information regarding the use of the Monsoon Site and services available therein. Information collected may include but is not limited to web site traffic volume, frequency of visits, type and time of transactions, type of browser and operating system, etc.
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as live chat or payment processing. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
Data Collected for or through the Monsoon Technology
Monsoon collects information under the direction of its Clients, and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. Monsoon works with its Clients to help them provide notice to their customers concerning, the purpose for which personal information is collected.
Monsoon may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the provisions in this Policy regarding notice and choice and the service agreements with our Clients.
Monsoon will retain personal data we process on behalf of our Clients for as long as needed to provide services to our Client. Monsoon will retain and use this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Use of Information
The information we collect is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
– as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, legal proceedings, or similar legal process
– when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
– in certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements,
– to investigate potential violations of the Monsoon Marketplace Master Services Agreement,
– to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
If Monsoon, Inc. is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
Links to Other Web Sites
Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
Monsoon and our analytics provider may use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts, to analyze trends, administer the website, tracking users’ movements around the website, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual and aggregated basis.
Analytics/ Log Files
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the Site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
We may link some of this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information. This allows us to deliver a better experience by reducing the amount of data that needs to be entered when filling out forms, downloading gated content, completing surveys, etc.
Social Media (Features) and Widgets
Monsoon has implemented processes intended to protect user information and maintain security of data. Each Account holder is assigned a unique user name and password, which is required to access their Account. It is each user’s responsibility to protect the security of his or her login information. We have attempted to protect Monsoon’s servers by locating them in areas with security procedures, using of firewalls and implementing other generally available security technologies. These safeguards help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of data, but NO GUARANTEE CAN BE MADE THAT YOUR INFORMATION AND DATA WILL BE SECURE FROM INTRUSIONS AND UNAUTHORIZED RELEASE TO THIRD PARTIES.
When you enter sensitive information (such as login credentials), we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Site or Technology, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Cancellation or Termination of the Account
If your Account is terminated for any reason, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any requests to access your data. Please be aware that Monsoon may for a time retain residual information in our backup and/or archival copies of our data stores and databases. We will make reasonable commercial efforts to delete your information as soon as reasonably practical. We will respond to your request to access within 30 business days.
Compliance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
As a business service, Monsoon does not target its offerings toward, and does not knowingly collect any personal information from users under 16 years of age.
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
Upon request we will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. When you use the Monsoon Site or Technology, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not for legitimate business purposes. When requests come to Monsoon with regard to personal information, we ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. We retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. We will respond to these requests within a reasonable timeframe.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Changes to this Policy
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by Monsoon or its subsidiaries to a third party for the third party’s direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us:
Monsoon, Inc., 733 SW 2nd Ave, Suite 215, Portland, OR 97204, U.S.A.
- Categories of personal information collected. The personal information that Monsoon collects, or has collected from consumers in the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure, fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act, depending on which Monsoon Service is used:
- identifiers such as your name, alias, address, phone numbers, or IP address;
- personal information, such as a credit card or bank account number;
- commercial information, such as order or sales data;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including network performance data; and
- professional information, for example data you may provide about your business if you are a Seller.
- Categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose. The personal information that Monsoon disclosed about consumers for a business purpose in the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act, depending on which Monsoon Service is used:
- identifiers such as your name, address, phone numbers, marketplace seller credentials or IP address, for example if we use third party customer support staff;
- personal information, such as a bank account or credit card number, for example if we use a third party payment processor;
- commercial information, such as the details of a product or service you use if a third party customer service staff member is assisting to provide support for the Monsoon Technology to you;
- internet or other electronic network activity information, such as if we use a service provider to help us gather crash reports for analyzing the health of our devices and services;
- Right to Request Access to or Deletion of Personal Information: You may have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act to request information about the collection of your personal information by Monsoon, or access to or deletion of your personal information. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact Customer Service. Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
- No sale of personal information. In the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure, Monsoon has not sold any personal information of consumers, as those terms are defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
- No Discrimination. Monsoon will not discriminate against any consumer for exercising their rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.